Transitioning home: 15 tips
(little party hats to make you feel special )
Accept the awkward
Get to know each family member again
Watch first movie by yourself.
- Go with a bunch of people to the first time at the movie theater
Read scriptures everyday
Do baptisms for the dead (+names)
Don't live in the past
- the lord has accepted your offering of service
- Don't compare than to now
Figure out your personal style
Get a job
Do something that makes you happy
Don't feel guilty
Don't give yourself a timeline (for anything)
- don't extend yourself so far that you don't have fun
Create 4 major goals for the year after your return
Go on a lot of dates
- make first date a group date. But make sure the other couple are either not a couple or not the touchy couple. They should be your good friends. Your first date will be weird. Have some friends there to fill the awkwardness.
- with a lot of different girls
- make them casual
- find out what your deal breakers are
- Remember perfection does not exist
- you don't have to have your life figured out
- You're young. You don't need to be married 1 year after or even 2 years after.
- Let your experience as a return missionary change your life.
YOU ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON AS WHEN YOU LEFT. And that's how it's supposed to be.