19 March 2017
02 March 2017
someone asked me the other day for advice. so heres my tips.
- No movies, No phone, No social media, No group dates (unless used as excuse to get together. I'll tell you why they aren't the best idea. Group dates can be more relaxed. But in a way you've got to compete with a whole bunch of people for your dates attention. How can you get to know someone well enough to decide on what level you like them? It can be hard to have deep conversations in a loud space. But there are exceptions to every rule. )
- Who ever asked who: picks up, drops off, and plans. (Walk all the way to the door. Please. Otherwise it's just awkward and can give the wrong impression. Or the right one. Depends haha).
- Keep doorstep scene brief (less awkward. Less needy.)
- Casual: date, conversation, questions, clothes. You don't need to spend a lot of money to have a good time.
- Don't share to much. (No talking about to deep of stuff: e.g. exs, suicidal roommates) Keep it laid back. Don't brag.
Transitioning home: 15 tips
(little party hats to make you feel special )
Accept the awkward
Get to know each family member again
Watch first movie by yourself.
- Go with a bunch of people to the first time at the movie theater
Read scriptures everyday
Do baptisms for the dead (+names)
Don't live in the past
- the lord has accepted your offering of service
- Don't compare than to now
Figure out your personal style
Find new hobbies