27 February 2017

Ski på Sverige (2 ukersiden)



Hallo fra Norge!
 The food here is delicious! We eat lots of fish, fruits, potatoes, and vegetables. I don't think I've ever eaten so healthy. We're going to have an American day. Pancakes for breakfast and Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. And chocolate brownies for dessert. I'm excited! I miss American food so much.

Last weekend we went to Sweden to go skiing. We did downhill and cross country. Downhill was terrifying! But I soon overcame the fear and had a blast. Cross country was very tiring. I fell once. (You can see it in the video.) no serious injuries just a big fat bruise on my left knee. Nothing to worry about. It looks worse than it feels. I learned a lot of new words there. We played many games too. One night we each had a card stuck to our forehead. We took turns asking questions about what was on the card. Of course all in Norwegian. It was so much fun! Donald Duck was on my card haha. We had some fabulous meals. For breakfast we had open face sandwiches with brunost, boiled eggs, bread, and meat. Just like on Christmas! I was in heaven. For dinner we had hamburgers and the next night we had Duck. Quite tasty! We had a long drive to and from Sweden about 6 hrs total. We
listened to Jonny Cash the entire way. Haha. Now I know most of his greatest hits. There was one song called "Were you there when my Lord died". It was about the Saviors Atonement. A beautiful song. It sparked a conversation between me and Lennart about where we came from and where we are going. Lennart and I have had many conversations about the gospel. The family finds it fascinating that I go to church and stay for so long each week.

I've been meeting with the missionaries each week. There are three companionships. 2 sets of elders and 1 set of sisters. I speak better Norwegian than one of the elders. He's new and has only been in Norway about 2 weeks longer than me. I always meet with the elders that are zone leaders. They help me practice speaking and reading. We read the Book of Mormon. Yesterday we met and talked about how Nephi and his brothers went to get the plates. After we read they had me summarize. It was quite hard. I'm not the best at past tense. Because there's so many options. It's quite confusing at times. But they're very patient with me. The amount of time it took me to summarize the chapter we probably could have re read it. Haha

I've been called to help in the nursery! It's quite fun to talk to all the babies. Non of them know English so I get to practice practice practice.

Next weekend I'm going to Røros again but with the young people! I'm really excited they are having a fair. Det skal artig.

Last night we had institute. I was the only student to come. The missionaries, Harald ( church building caretaker), the teacher (she's danish but speaks Norwegian very well), and the senior couple were there also. But there's usually 3-4 other young people.  The lesson was a bit of Norwegian and English mix. I actually understood most of what was said in Norwegian! I'm getting better! I'd have liked the lesson to just stay in Norwegian. Because it's one of the only times I get to hear prayers and gospel terms.

Tonight the ward is having a ward party! I'm very excited about it!

I'll be home in march for a bit! I'll come and visit

Jeg glad i deg!