13 August 2015

July 27, Zone conference, Weed whackers, & a District tract

This week has been very interesting! 

On our way to some service at the local Recycling center we drove past some weed whackers. As we drove past a rock got sprung from the whacker and hit the driver side window of our car! (My window since I was the driver.) As I turned to look at it I fully expected to see absolutely nothing, my lap covered in glass, and a nice goose egg on my head. But instead I was completely unharmed. The window was shattered but it stood strong! What a blessing from my Heavenly Father. We ended up inviting the Weed whacker to take the lessons. Sadly he said no. But he does know the YSA's recent convert! 

We had the chance to teach the Restoration to Suzy. She is the sister of Sister Hintz, in our ward. We felt impressed to invite her to be baptized. She said no. But she did accept a Book of Mormon & said she'd probably read it after her vacation. 

We had Zone Conference. It was about sanctifying ourselves into a true disciple of Christ & creating a vision for yourself. That applies to us all on our missions or off a mission. We all can have goals in our lives & when these goals are in line with the Lord's will we are unstoppable :) 

We did a district tract! We got to talk to a girl named Amanda. She had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon. She compared us to a cult. Which was quite awkward. Because that doesn't' make any sense. But she'd be in the YSA so we referred her to the Elders. 

I've still been feeling sick. So that isn't sure enjoyable. But hopefully it'll clear up soon. 

I also gave a talk in Sacrament about what my baptismal Covenants mean to me! I spoke about Jameson (in jewel lake) who had a phobia of water but had decided to be baptized. I spoke of the preparation he did to be prepared and how when his baptismal day came that he felt peaceful and that the baptism continued as planned. What a blessing! Our covenants are sacred promises with Heavenly Father, they bind us to him a special way. There are so many blessings. But the biggest one is that we know we are following our Savior. 

I love you all! 

I'm in Alma in the Book of Mormon and i'm highlighting each time the word "heart" or "love" is mentioned. Its very interesting. 

In the Norwegian Book of Mormon, Mormons Bok, i'm in 1 Nephi 15! Coming along. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I know the Book of Mormon is true. And i know you can find peace & happiness while you read! 

love you all! 

photos:

our lovely car window! 
our district!