15 June 2015

Exchanges & Nenana

We went on exchanges this week! I went with Sister Fambrough in the 2nd ward. Oh my goodness!! We had so much fun :) We visited this one lady, Sister Burch. I feel so bad but she had fallen trying to answer the door for us. We tried to help her up but her legs were to weak. She told us to go get her helper, Gary. He was asleep in the other room. I literally had to yell his name. He woke up - and just like a Life Alert commercial. Sister Fambrough says "shes fallen and she can't get up!!". And he pushes a tiny button on his necklace, "life alert has been activated". It was CRAZY! We felt bad leaving her alone on the ground so we waited till the Paramedics came. Than we left once they had en entered. And that's just one experience of many! 

We also visited Nenana, a tiny town outside of Fairbanks. They meet in a log cabin on A street. There was about 30 people at sacrament meeting. It has one tiny hall and the Young Women meet in a coat closet. Granted there's only 3 of them but still... We were able to spend some time with some Less actives and investigators. It was quite interesting to be there. But i really liked it! I'm so grateful we had enough miles to make it out there. 

This week has been kinda crazy. But a lot of fun. We had the opportunity to pick up some toys from a lady in 2nd ward and than deliver them to the 3rd ward elders... I'm not sure why she insisted that it had to be us.... Oh people. 

We also attended a wedding! I absolutely love receptions. And this one was definitely interesting.... lets just say part of their decor included a stuffed moose head. But i'm happy for them! 

We visited the Farmers Market as a way to open our mouths. Turns out it was not as large as we thought it would be... but it was still a lot of fun. We got a lot of stares maybe because we were wearing our tags or just the fact we were in skirts... i'm not sure... But we also ate lunch there. I enjoyed a nice reindeer dog! 

Well I'm reading in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon. Christ has come and is speaking to people about prayer. I just really love this part. I know that Heavenly Father is interested in every aspect of our lives. Small and big. Even the Mundane. He notices our accomplishments and helps us through our trials. 

Well I love you all!!!




picture: 
Sister Fambrough and I
Nenana! 
Farmers market!